TOPEKA, Kan. (Jan. 17, 2019) -- During its Annual Meeting today, Sports Car Club of America® announced that Hagerty has signed on to become the Official Insurance Partner of SCCA®. As an Official Partner, SCCA President & CEO Mike Cobb said Hagerty helps provide the support necessary to execute the more than 2,000 events the Club conducts each year through its 116 Regions and subsidiary divisions.
“With the multi-year deal announced today, Hagerty has shown it appreciates the automobile culture and supports having fun with cars, which is a core belief within the SCCA,” Cobb said. “Official Partners are very important to Club activities as they help keep participation costs lower for our 67,500 members, and we know our members will show support for Hagerty in return.”
Founded in 1984 by people who love cars, Hagerty insures all types of enthusiast vehicles. But the organization is so much more than just an insurance company. As car fans, Hagerty publishes one of the world’s most-read automotive magazines, and offers entertaining online video programming such as “The Barn Find Hunter,” featuring Tom Cotter scouring the countryside for lost automotive gems. Hagerty is also home to DriveShare by Hagerty, the nation’s first and largest platform for renting classic and exotic cars.
“Hagerty and the SCCA is a perfect match,” said McKeel Hagerty, CEO of Hagerty. “The SCCA is all about having fun with cars and turning enthusiasts into participants, and we are, too. It’s great to look at cars in museums, but they are really meant to be driven.”
Hagerty’s suite of products are available to SCCA members to protect their investments, including collector cars and motorcycles, race cars and boats. It was previously announced that in 2019 Hagerty would be presenting sponsor of the first-ever Tire Rack Time Trials National Tour, a new SCCA program that exists between autocross and wheel-to-wheel road racing. This year the eight-event Time Trials Tour will visit Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, California; Pittsburgh International Race Complex in Wampum, Pennsylvania; Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, South Carolina; Portland International Raceway in Oregon; High Plains Raceway in Deer Trail, Colorado; Heartland Motorsports Park in Topeka, Kansas; Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park in Connecticut; and GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, Michigan.
Hagerty is also the exclusive on-track insurance partner of Track Night in America Driven by Tire Rack. The company’s Track Day Insurance program*, created for both motorsports enthusiasts and weekend racers alike, offers physical damage coverage for vehicles while they’re on the track, unlike most standard insurance plans. With Hagerty’s Track Day Insurance, drivers can focus on turning great lap times on a circuit.
It should be noted that SCCA’s current event insurance supplier has not changed with the addition of Hagerty as the Official Insurance Partner of SCCA®.
* This is a general description of coverage. All coverage is subject to policy provisions and availability. Hagerty Insurance Agency, LLC and Hagerty Classic Marine Insurance Agency, LLC ("Hagerty") are insurance producers licensed in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The purpose of this notice is to provide you with information about how Hagerty is compensated. Hagerty receives a commission based upon a fixed percentage of each policyholder’s insurance premium. The commission percentage varies according to the insurer and the product sold by Hagerty. The commission is paid by the insurance company to Hagerty each policy term for both new policies and renewals. Hagerty may also receive additional compensation from insurance companies based upon a number of factors, including, without limitation, growth, profitability, volume of business, and retention. This additional income is not guaranteed. If you would like to know more about the compensation we expect to receive as it relates to your policy, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-922-4050.
Hagerty is an automotive lifestyle brand dedicated to the love and protection of driving, and the world’s largest provider of specialty insurance to vintage vehicle enthusiasts. Hagerty is home to:
- Hagerty Drivers Club, the world’s largest membership organization for automotive enthusiasts.
- The Hagerty Valuation Tool, the gold standard for classic vehicle values and market trend insights.
- Hagerty, the magazine, which is among the highest circulation car magazines in the country.
- “The Barn Find Hunter,” one of the most popular automobile focused shows on YouTube with more than 500,000 subscribers.
- DriveShare, the nation’s only peer-to-peer classic vehicle rental marketplace.
For more information, call (800) 922-4050 or visit www.hagerty.com.
About Sports Car Club of America:
The Sports Car Club of America®, Inc., founded in 1944, is a 67,500-member motorsports organization that incorporates all facets of autocross, rally and road racing at both Club and professional levels. With headquarters in Topeka, Kansas, the SCCA annually sanctions over 2,000 events through its 116 Regions and subsidiary divisions. Much of the SCCA’s activities are made possible with support from the following Official Partners: Hagerty, the Official Insurance Partner of SCCA; Hawk Performance, the Official Brake Products of SCCA; Sunoco, the Official Fuel of SCCA; and Tire Rack, the Official Tire Retailer of SCCA. To learn more, please visit www.scca.com.